Everything You Need to Know About SSS Voluntary Contribution
The Social Security System (SSS) in the Philippines is a government agency that provides social protection to its members through various programs, including retirement, disability, and other benefits. SSS Voluntary Contribution is an additional savings option for individuals who are not required to contribute to SSS but wish to avail themselves of its benefits.
If you’re wondering whether SSS Voluntary Contribution is right for you, this article covers everything you need to know about it. From the benefits it offers to its eligibility requirements and how to apply, we’ve got you covered.
Benefits of SSS Voluntary Contribution:
Here are some of the benefits of SSS Voluntary Contribution:
- Additional Retirement Savings – SSS Voluntary Contribution allows individuals to save up for their retirement, enabling them to enjoy a comfortable and secure retirement.
- Disability Benefits – Individuals who contribute to SSS Voluntary Contribution are also entitled to disability benefits if they become disabled.
- Life Insurance – SSS Voluntary Contribution also includes life insurance benefits, providing financial security for the member’s family in the event of the member’s death.
- Loan Eligibility – Members who have been contributing to SSS Voluntary Contribution for at least six months are also eligible for SSS loans.
Eligibility Requirements for SSS Voluntary Contribution:
To be eligible for SSS Voluntary Contribution, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18-60 years old
- Must not be employed, self-employed, or a member of the SSS
- Must have previously been an SSS member, or at least six (6) monthly contributions as a voluntary member
- Must not have any existing SSS loans or benefit claims
How to Apply for SSS Voluntary Contribution:
To apply for SSS Voluntary Contribution, follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest SSS branch and fill out an application form for voluntary membership.
- Submit the application form and pay the first month’s contribution, which is based on the member’s preferred contribution amount.
- Receive your SSS Voluntary Contribution account number and start contributing regularly to enjoy the benefits.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- Can I increase my contribution amount?
Yes, members can increase their contribution amount anytime by filling out a Contribution Payment Return Form and paying the additional amount.
- Can I withdraw my contributions?
Yes, members can withdraw their contributions after they’ve made at least 36 monthly contributions.
- How can I check my contributions?
Members can check their contributions by creating an online account at the SSS website or visiting the nearest SSS branch.
SSS Voluntary Contribution is an excellent option for individuals who wish to secure their future and enjoy the benefits of SSS. It offers additional savings for retirement, disability benefits, life insurance, and loan eligibility. As long as you meet the eligibility requirements, you can apply for SSS Voluntary Contribution and start contributing to your future today.
Sure, here are some sources for this article:
- Social Security System (SSS) Philippines official website: https://www.sss.gov.ph/
- SSS Contribution Table: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/DownloadContent?fileName=2019-07/2019_SSS_Contribution_Table.pdf
- SSS Voluntary Membership FAQs: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/appmanager/viewArticle.jsp?page=NR2016_0080
- SSS Benefits and Programs: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/appmanager/pages.jsp?page=benefits
- SSS Loans: https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/appmanager/pages.jsp?page=loans