Welcome to our comprehensive guide on the SSS table 2023. The Social Security System (SSS) is a government agency that provides social insurance programs in the Philippines. In this article, we’ll be discussing everything you need to know about the SSS table for 2023. We’ll cover important details such as the SSS contribution table, salary brackets, and benefits provided by the SSS. Our goal is to provide you with all the necessary information in an easy-to-understand and informative way.
SSS Table 2023: Understanding the Basics
The SSS table 2023 is a vital component of the Social Security System in the Philippines. It serves as a guide for employers and employees alike, indicating the correct amount of SSS contributions based on their monthly salary.
The SSS contribution table is updated regularly to ensure that it remains relevant to the current economic situation. The table takes into account factors such as inflation, salary increases, and economic growth.
SSS Contribution Table 2023
The SSS contribution table for 2023 is categorised into three parts: the employer’s share, the employee’s share, and the total contribution.
The employer’s share ranges from PHP 225 to PHP 1,000, depending on the employee’s monthly salary bracket. The employee’s share ranges from PHP 100 to PHP 550, depending on their monthly salary bracket.
Here is a breakdown of the SSS contribution table 2023:
|Monthly Salary||Employer Share||Employee Share||Total Monthly Contribution|
|PHP 10,000 and below||PHP 225||PHP 100||PHP 325|
|PHP 10,000.01 – 20,000||PHP 315||PHP 150||PHP 465|
|PHP 20,000.01 – 30,000||PHP 405||PHP 200||PHP 605|
|PHP 30,000.01 – 40,000||PHP 585||PHP 250||PHP 835|
|PHP 40,000.01 – 50,000||PHP 765||PHP 300||PHP 1,065|
|PHP 50,000.01 – 60,000||PHP 945||PHP 350||PHP 1,295|
|PHP 60,000.01 – 70,000||PHP 1,125||PHP 400||PHP 1,525|
|PHP 70,000.01 – 80,000||PHP 1,305||PHP 450||PHP 1,755|
|PHP 80,000.01 – 90,000||PHP 1,485||PHP 500||PHP 1,985|
|PHP 90,000.01 – 100,000||PHP 1,665||PHP 550||PHP 2,215|
Note: The above table is only applicable to employees aged 60 years and below. For employees aged 60 years and above, the SSS contribution rates are different.
The SSS provides various benefits to its members, including
- Sickness Benefit – This benefit is available to SSS members who are unable to work due to an illness or injury. Members who have contributed at least one month of contributions are eligible to apply for this benefit. The amount of the benefit is equivalent to 90% of the member’s average daily salary credit.
- Maternity Benefit – Female SSS members who have contributed at least three months of contributions in the 12-month period before their semester of childbirth are eligible for this benefit. The benefit amount is equivalent to 100% of the member’s average daily salary credit for 60 days.
- Retirement Benefit – This benefit is available to SSS members who have reached the age of 60 and have contributed at least 120 monthly contributions. The amount of the benefit is based on the member’s paid contributions and the number of credited years of service.
- Disability Benefit – SSS members who have become permanently disabled due to an illness or injury and are unable to work are eligible for this benefit. The amount of the benefit is based on the member’s paid contributions and the number of credited years of service.
- Death Benefit – In case of the member’s death, the SSS provides a death benefit to the member’s beneficiaries. The amount of the benefit is based on the member’s paid contributions and the number of credited years of service.
- Can I apply for SSS membership if I’m self-employed?
Yes, self-employed individuals can apply for SSS membership. They will be required to pay both the employee and employer shares of the contribution.
- Can I increase my SSS contribution voluntarily?
Yes, SSS members can increase their contribution voluntarily. This will increase their entitlement to benefits provided by the SSS.
- Can I still receive SSS benefits if I work abroad?
Yes, SSS members who work abroad can still receive benefits provided by the SSS, provided they meet the eligibility requirements.
- Can I apply for SSS benefits online?
Yes, SSS members can apply for benefits online through the SSS website.
- How can I check my SSS contributions?
SSS members can check their contributions online through the SSS website or by visiting an SSS branch.
In conclusion, the SSS table 2023 is an essential tool for both employers and employees in the Philippines. It provides guidance on the correct amount of SSS contributions based on monthly salary. Additionally, the SSS provides various benefits to its members, including sickness, maternity, retirement, disability, and death benefits.
As a responsible member of society, it’s essential to contribute to the SSS regularly to secure your future and the future of your loved ones. We hope that this article has provided you with valuable information about the SSS table 2023 and the benefits provided by the SSS.