Taking to the skies as a flight attendant in the Philippines not only promises adventure but also offers a competitive salary. The year 2023 has seen several changes in the airline industry, and with it, adjustments to the flight attendant’s compensation. Let’s dive deep into the numbers.
Average Monthly Base Salary
In 2023, a flight attendant in the Philippines can expect an average monthly base salary of ₱28,994. This figure, however, varies depending on the airline and the city of operation.
Top Paying Airlines in the Philippines
When considering a career as a flight attendant, it’s worth noting the compensation offered by various airlines:
- Philippine Airlines: With a 4.2-star rating from 377 reviews, this airline leads the pack. Flight attendants report a monthly salary of approximately ₱31,818.
- AirAsia: Close behind with a 4.1 rating from 387 reviews, AirAsia offers its cabin crew a monthly wage of around ₱31,058.
- Cebu Pacific: This popular airline, with a 3.8 rating from 16 reviews, compensates its flight attendants with an average of ₱30,747 per month.
- Nezda Technologies: While not as popular as the other airlines, with a 3.5 rating from 32 reviews, they offer a monthly salary of ₱19,000.
Salary Variations by City
Where you’re based as a flight attendant in the Philippines also affects your earning potential. Here are the top-paying cities for 2023:
- Manila: The capital leads with an average monthly salary of ₱33,708, based on 15 reported salaries.
- Pasay: Coming in second, flight attendants in Pasay earn about ₱26,873 per month, as per 5 reported salaries.
- Taguig: With a reported average of ₱18,850 per month from 7 salaries, Taguig rounds up the top three.
The flight attendant profession in the Philippines remains an attractive career choice in 2023. With variations in salaries based on the airline and city, aspiring cabin crew members have multiple factors to consider. As the airline industry continues to evolve, it’s essential to stay updated on the latest salary trends and opportunities.